Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Filling Cyberspace with Crazy

Welcome to this space in my head. I'd like to take you around and show you what I've done with the place. If you're in a rush, I'll save you the time and let you know, right now, that I am completely and utterly insane.
Pick up a happy meal and join me in my inner sanctum, why don't you? Er, that happy meal is mine, see? It's got extra happy in it. Thanks.
Prrring! Prrrring! 
Excuse me one moment while I get that.
"Hello? Yes, this is Jessica. You're who? My life? Oh. Ok. Hi. What? What do you mean I have no idea what I'm doing right now?"
Sorry about that, er, prank call.
So as you can see, things get a little crazy around here. "Hectic" is the word that gets thrown around most. Oh, and don't trip over all the good advice that is lying around the place. Sure you can take some, I'm not using it. If you want, you can take a batch of good intentions too. They do sort of compliment one another, don't you think?
Please. Follow me through this doorway and let's head over to that couch for a little heart-to-heart. So, really, what would you suggest I do with this place? I reckon it could do with a lick of paint and a revamp, but I just don't seem to have the guts to tear off this grotty wallpaper and try something new. I've seen a couple of things that I would love to try - if I could muster up a bit of courage. Wild, fun, carefree, complete, cup-cakes and cross-stitch. Maybe a bird of paradise and an organic veggie patch. I'd love to reupholster that putrid cynacism, but it is rather hard to move it on my own. Oh yes, those glasses would do well to be rose-tinted, I agree. They could do with a clean at any rate, I think those sticky fingerprints have been there since I took my first job babysitting.
Look, apart form the odd stain here and there, and the fear-lint mutating in the corner where the dog pees, the place does get a bit of a clean out every now and then. And it's not like I have to accommodate a lot of people. Sure, family drop in from time to time, but it's usually just me and these thoughts flapping around and alighting on the curtain rails. It's cosy. It's homely. Yip, I would say I'm in the prime of my senility. And it's a good place to be.

1 comment:

Normal Mom said...

Jess, you NEED to get out more, I'm getting a little passed worried here...LOL....

Well written girl.

Whats with all the showing off and RIGADOON.....I think I am up against a major hustler and player here!!!