Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Taking Stock

Today I turned thirty, a good time to stop and measure up, I thought. Exercising the mathematical part of my brain, I set about quantifying my life.

Let's see...

Number of years on Earth:  30
... in days: 10,958 - wow, that's a lot!
Number of years married: 9 1/2
Number of years in Cape Town: 4 1/2
BMI: 30.8 = Obese
Feelings about last number: Never felt better about myself
Number of years it's taken for me to get to the point where I can say that, AND believe it: 30
Number of marriages: 1
Number of pregnancies: 2
Number of children I birthed: 2
Number of children in my house: 3
Number of times I was sure I was pregnant: 9
Number of those times this year alone: 4
Number of speeding fines: 1
... this year: 1
... worth: R200,00
Number of biological siblings: 3
Number of biological siblings who phoned me today: 3
Number of times THAT'S ever happened before: 0
Number of friends on FaceBook: 101
Number of friends overall: More than that
Number of friends with a face that can be read like a book: 2
Number of glasses of wine a week: 1 - 2
Number of glasses of wine tonight: 3
Distance to go to feed my tummy: 74,58cm
Distance to go to feed my heart: 7,458m
Distance to go to feed my soul: 7458km

Ok, the wine wins.

1 comment:

Sprinkle said...

If my face is one of the ones that you can read like a book then can you please translate the looks for my husband who seems to have started speaking a previously unknown martian language and can no longer understand English!!!

Loving your blog,

x