Monday, July 28, 2008

Commence the milk tooth migration!


This is a really big deal for me - the marking of the end of an era. Up until now the only signs of physical growth were measured according to outfits grown out of, shoes that became too tight. But this is personal - it's just so much closer. This is Nature talking. And when she talks, I, as the mother, sit up very straight and pay attention.

The first loose tooth!

Neither myself nor the mother of the year could bring ourselves to extract the wiggling little speck of enamel. He was completely queasy at the mention of a loose tooth, whereas I had a very important conference to attend to (it was about alleviating poverty and social decline in the lower reaches of upper Octravia - kind of crucial - and my contributions were very important. Ok?) So the job of pearly white retrieval was delegated to The Granny. One little tug and pop! my baby was one step closer to leaving the safety of our family nest. Eish!

She's getting bigger.
Sigh.
Next thing I know there'll be more wobbly bits in this household than any of us had ever signed up for. I can't bare to think about that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have called me.. still have a hockey-stick lying around somewhere