Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The problem with Angora Bunnies...

...is the angora. 

Oh. My. Life.

The super-soft hair on both our little hoppers has matted and knotted and made tight pouchey-things (especially collected around their arses). Help! Holly was sporting a fine matte of hair around her knee that was actually impeding her hop - 'strue, I swears. Jasmine was taking the teased updo approach, instead. I'm still working on how she got hold of all the hare-spray needed to keep the mass of hair in place.

This afternoon I spent a whole hour combing and brushing and cutting out wads of horribly tatted hair. And where did that get me, I ask with fluff in my eyes? Well, one painful bunny nip to the knee (that's definitely going to leave a bruise or get infected - I haven't decided which yet) and enough fluff to make a whole new bunny. Sure it doesn't have eyes and ears and a tail, but it feels just as soft and doesn't bite (discounted due to lack of appendages - any takers?)

No comments: