Sunday, July 20, 2008

A mid-winter tanning Session

OK. So I don't have a photo to prove it, but it is true, I swear! I was on the beach this morning in a bikini! See, it wasn't all just lighthearted ramblings, when I said that I should spend more time on the beach in my bikini. I didn't think it would happen so soon, admittedly, being winter and all, but happen it did - brave me!

I found myself sitting on a rock in the sun. The girls, much to my disgust (and amusement), had stripped off their winter woolies and were frolicking in the freezing Atlantic waters lapping at the Paternoster beach. My body cried out for a double dose of Vitamin D. (Which, I guess would be vitamin DD - how appropriate!)

I succumbed. I had put my bikini top on as it was our last day and I had run out of clean underwear - a very convenient excuse, I know. I lay my less than perfect body out on that barnacle-covered rock and roasted at a moderate temperature for a full 20 minutes, turning occasionally. I admit that I did keep an eye out for any local fishermen who may have approached to try and sell off their illegal catch of crayfish. But, keeping their distance, kept me absorbing UVA.

And what a truly magnificent way to bring a long-weekend, mini-break to an end: Paternoster rocks! Now reality and the Durbanville chill are sinking in. Back to the grindstone, folks!

PS - I don't want any comments about the lack of photo to prove this event, thank you - I did it - take my word for it. And anyway, a photo would have rather ruined the memory...

1 comment:

ExMi said...

sounds very much like heaven..

and how brave of you being in your bikini in winter!

anyway, I stumbled across your blog and would like to invite you to join The South African Bloggers' Network
and have you checked out The Bad Mommy Blog?