Monday, June 30, 2008

Winter Splinter in my Sphincter

Winter in the cape, and I am freezing my cajones off. Seriously. They are Gone. As in Not There. I swear. I just checked... twice. Yip. I am officially without cajones. Woe is me. Whatever will I do without cajones? I feel like I am half the man I used to be...

(I have been assured that they will be back later this evening...)

Sigh.

But seriously, I am cold. Today the sun was out and everything, and still my nose has had no sensation in it all day long. My fingers feel icicly (new word, means hard and cold like an icicle, but you figured that out, didn't you?) Typing is just weird, because I can't actually feel my keyboard. Never before has QWERTY meant less to me.

Double sigh.

And my frozen ASS(ets) might need mentioning too. It's like the cold is emanating from inside me. Sitting is awkward when you can't feel your bum, so you don't know if you are actually making contact with a chair, or if your pants are just pulling tight because of the squat. My butt is actually cold to the touch. (I think so anyway, but when you can't feel your fingers, it's kind of difficult to feel your bum.)

It feels like there should be snow on the mountains. I keep checking out the window just to make sure I haven't missed it, or perhaps it happened since the last time I checked.

Before the neighbours start protesting that today was a gloriously warm and sunny day, may I just add that even though the sun did come out, there was definitely a chill in the air. Enough to blow steam spooks around your face each time you spoke.

And the washing DIDN'T get dry. Again. Heck.

No comments: