Saturday, June 14, 2008

What joggers DON"T talk about

I just heard the grossest thing from a self-professed-not-so-professional-jogger. 

Professional runners, the marathonians, can't afford taking two ticks out of their time when racing, that they will respond to the call of nature as they run. This is why it is common to see a marathonian dousing himself (male, because I can't believe a girl jogger would ever do this!) with water as he runs. Gee! And here I thought that the poor guys were just hot and needed to cool off as they ran.

And, the self-professed-not-so-professional-jogger continued, it get worse still. If the call of nature requires something a little more solid, (a number 2, people with kids), they will do that too, as they run.

Er, excuse me? Are you for real?

I was under the impression that more strenuous excretions require a little concentration and some, er, squatting, to help things along. Could I be wrong here?

So, defiantly disbelieving, I googled it. True's nuts! They do. Number's one through two - on the trot.
Aargh.
My first thought was: thank heaven's I don't have to do that laundry!

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

The Comerades will never be the same for me again, thank you.
Eeew,,eew,,eeww

Sprinkle said...

Please send me that link, I need to see it to believe it! GROSS!!!

Natalie Blezard Ledgerwood said...

Did Janine tell you that when we pooped (I mean popped) in for a toilet stop on our run???
Nat