Sunday, October 26, 2008

Today is a premature tomorrow

It's late on Sunday night. I'm really tired. No specific reason, really, just that it's Sunday night and tomorrow's Monday. And Monday means that it all starts again, this funny 7 day carousel that we ride over and over.

I don't have a job that I have to obligingly arrive for at 7am, fresh and ready to trade a service for an income. I don't have pressing meetings to prepare for, business trips to get through, corporate ladders to climb.

My Monday is no different from my Sunday, really. I don't dress differently. I don't put on any more make-up on Monday than I do on Sunday. Sure, I have obligations and commitments tomorrow which vary very slightly from my obligations and commitments that I had today. There's a little more driving around, and I do have to wake half an hour earlier tomorrow than I did today, but the work will be the same. Dress, feed, wipe, answer, cream, pack, rush, drive, drop off, kiss, tidy, fix, sort, mend, plan, collect, feed, wipe, pour, rush, drive, provide, educate, wait, entertain, negotiate, explain, answer, wash, feed, brush, wipe, kiss, cuddle, tuck in.

And even though tomorrow is the start of a new week, I wish, for some inexplicable reason, that the weekend would stay around a little longer, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't make much difference. For some reason, I'm not ready for this ride to be over and the next one to start.

No comments: