Monday, October 20, 2008

Breaking free


I have gradually been reducing my Cipralex dose. Slowly. Skip a day. Skip two. Maybe it's a mind over matter thing, but somehow I feel I'm nearly ready to be normal without my anti-depressant.

Truth is, I don't want to be dependant on any medication just to be 'normal'. I want to be normal because I am normal. I want me to be completely normal.

A friend once told me that "Normal" is the setting on a hairdryer. So much for that then. I want to be the setting on a hairdryer.

Ok.

The pill is another thing that I don't like to be on. I don't want to take a pill just to keep my polycystic ovaries under control. I want to have ovaries that are the setting on a hairdryer. I don't want to need a pill to keep my menstrual cycle regular. I want my crazy periods to be the setting on a hairdryer.

Sigh.

So. I'm trying to get off the happy pill at least. Logic tells me I have so much to live for, to laugh for, to give thanks for. It's the emotional side that doesn't make sense of it all, and that's where the happy pill has kept me level. But I want it to be over now. I want logic to be bigger than emotion. I want my head to feel stronger than my heart.

2 comments:

Sprinkle said...

And how is that working for you...?

Tertia said...

I am not sure I am ever coming off my ADs. Maybe one day. Not now.

As for the PCOS, have you tried the Mirena, that worked quite well for me.