Thursday, August 7, 2008

The truth will set you free

I've been asked a fair amount of times, recently, why I write about the stuff I do. In fact, in the last 2 days, it's come up in conversation 5 times. So why do I display myself, warts and all, for the whole world to see? Why do I ask for the criticism that comes with being so blatantly honest?

Well, I've thought about this for some time, and the answer is that total honesty gives me room to breathe. When you aren't pressurised to put on a face and insist on just how fine everything is, when really everything isn't, you can actually make a sanctuary for yourself to muddle over the intricacies of your human brain, and find a path out of the entanglement. 

I like being honest - it's not always easy to do, but it's easier than remembering what story I've told what person, and trying to maintain illusions for those around me. No, that is just too much effort. This is me. What you see here is what you get.

And, since I lack a sense of humor, I may exaggerate from time to time just to make a completely banal blog post slightly interesting. But apart from that, I wear my blog on my sleeve.

No comments: