Friday, February 22, 2008

Feeling French

After years of failed musical acquirement due to animated audio-visual purchasing excursions (Translation: walking into a CD shop with the aim of buying a CD, but leaving with a Disney DVD), I have very recently (Translation: yesterday) become the proud owner of the Edith Piaf Platinum Collection (Translation: lots of songs by a frenchwoman with too much phlegm in her throat).
I am pleasantly surprised. Not only by her powerful talent, but by how much I am enjoying her deeply emotional music. Who would've thunk that I would be hip-swinging and toe-tapping to lyrics (and melody, of course) that I don't understand? 
In broadening my knowledge on my latest commodity, I was pleased to see that "La Vie en Rose" a movie depicting the life of The Little Sparrow, is soon to be released (June 2008). 
Have been inspired to go a little french. Will start by gargling with honey to improve my articulation. Also need to get me a baguette now and then. No more straight coffees for me, thank you! I prefer a cafe au lait! 
Might also start "ey"ing words ending in "et". The obvious french words that are not pronounced the way they are written are, for instance: ballet, fillet, buffet, caberet. You with me? I shall now use a few newly "frenchisized" words of this nature in a comprehensive sentence - brace yourself: 
I regrey to interprey this snippey of news: an ultravioley bulley ricocheted off the cabiney causing your pey ferrey to forgey the pickpockey who stole your clariney from your jackey.

Adieu.

No comments: