Monday, January 26, 2009

On Pets. Again.

Well, I wish I could go back about a year and lead you into this the way it has been gradually approaching me, but I think I was in denial and tried not to really consider it too carefully, and because of that, Wham! we have a new puppy. Just like that. So meet the newest addition, Princess Pepper:


Also, we very nearly had a new tortoise too, but he pooped all over the car and my hubby, so we tossed him out the window. No! Of course we didn't. The real story is that we rescued the reptile as he was crossing the road, and while we were deciding what to do with it, the owners appeared looking for it. But the pooped in the car on my hubby bit, is pretty damn close to the truth. We had brought a small tortoise into the car, but we passed a small tortoise plus precariously dangling excrement out of the car into the awaiting hands of its owner. Phew! Don't think I could manage with two new creatures' fecal output at the same time, anyway. Even just the one is a huge deal for me. Seriously. I even made sure the pooper scooper is blue and pointed out to my hubby that blue is a boy's colour and I hope he's aware of his responsibilities here. Ahem. So maybe I'm a bit uptight, but I'm allowed a little leeway, surely? seeing as I'm generally so low-maintenance as it is. Right?

I must just point out that we have gotten off to a shaky start as little Pepper has yet to adjust to being away from her bumptious brothers and sisters. She woke so many times through the night that I lost count. But it was often after hourly, and sometimes half-hourly, intervals. Also, within her first 12 hours here, she has pooped 4 times. That works out to 8 poos a day. 8 little landmines waiting to infiltrate someone's soles. 8 ways for me to gag. 8 chances for my hubby to make use of HIS blue pooper scooper. I'm so no ready for that...

(I'm not sure how this is going to work out, but hopefully I'm in one piece at the end of it all.)

Another name board has been handed over. Here is a pic:

2 comments:

Sprinkle said...

Yep. You've got a 3rd baby. Welcome back to the sleeplessness.

But she is very cute isn't she :)

Just Me said...

aah! she is so cute!
Cant wait to meet her.