Friday, January 23, 2009

... and breathe out!

Thank goodness the first week of term has come to an end! And, on the same grateful note, thank goodness it was a three-day week to ease us holiday-minded people back into the swing of things.

By day 3 I'm pleased to report that AirBear seems to be settling nicely into her new class/ teacher/ school. We have had no more tears, and even some excited chatter about the day's events and the silly boys and the nice little friend with curly hair "all over her head"!

Likewise T-Bird is equally settled with her new teacher, but told me today that she couldn't finish all her work this morning as "I was chatting too much!"

So it would seem my kids are going to be ok, afterall. The teachers, however look rather worn and some even wounded after their first day of school. Yip, you heard me. One unhappy little guy took his frustration out on a very patient teacher, leaving her bleeding and bruised. I think it would be fair for pre-school teachers to ask for danger-pay.

Well a weekend of positive brain-washing re:school lies ahead, and whatever else the world might throw at me. Let's hope it doesn't fly by too quickly!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Shame, I'm so glad that Erin is settling in. She's such a sweetie.
Nicole was very impressed with the lavender! thanks for popping in. I think it made her day!