Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year's Wish

I've never been one for wishing that all your dreams come true and magic ponies in cashmere bubbles carry all your fears to the other side of the rainbow. Blergh! No. And because I'm not particularly taken by mystic bunnies that poop cotton candy, I'm not going to wish you the very best year you've ever had.

No.

In fact, I hope that your best year ever is still many years away and that the build up to THAT year is exciting and thrilling and possibly even a little adventurous.

As far as 2009 is concerned, I would love for it to be, for you, a bit like the opening act of a Shakespearean play - precocious and gripping, alluring and ever so enchanting. That it will put a wry smile on your face and tickle your curiosity just enough to get you interested in exploring it a little further.

I'm not going to wish you strength and courage and hope and prosperity. Sorry. If you're looking for those blessings, you might want to check out the Hello Kitty website. Nope. I'm not going to hope that all things change for the better. Uh-uh. If anything about you changes in 2009, I hope that it would be that you would become more adventurous, more daring; that you would take on the world with more Oompah! and that you would believe in your own abilities more and more.

I'm not going to wish you a perfectly happy year. A whole year of happy would rapidly become tedious. Instead, I wish you inner peace between the happy times. I wish that the gaps from one happy to the next will be short, and that as you pass from one to the next, you will remember that you are so much stronger than you think you are.

Sincerely
Jx.

No comments: