Thursday, November 13, 2008

What I learnt today...

Today I learned, the hard way, that spray painting in blistery-blustery winds is not recommended, and also does not mean the same thing as Use in a well-ventilated area like it says on the back of the can. Wish I'd thought a bit about it before I hopped on the ol' spray-painting band wagon. If you see me soon, No, I do not have some weird tropical disease.

I'm just saying.

Then the other thing I discovered, and this is also a fairly useful little tidbit, is an easy peasy time-saving trick.

Last night I made a whopper pasta bake meal for dinner. You know the kind, right? The sort where pasta, mince, veggies, a variety of dairy products, a nail for added iron and a dash of cod-liver oil because it's good for you get thrown into a huge casserole dish and stuck in the oven till it smells nice? Yes, that kind! Well, for the first time in a long time, there was so much food left over, that I figured I would do Leftovers for supper tonight. Which means.... I'm free to fanny about all afternoon. I keep finding myself stressing about what's for dinner, only to pat myself on the back and say, "There, there dear. It's all sorted. Remember?" Phew!

Note to self: Make more mega-meals to manufacture more much-needed me-time.

Now why haven't I thought about this earlier? Duh!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Oh no!
So do you look a bit like the latest painted dog i gave you? just not green, and without your tongue sticking out!!

well done on the mega meal! i should do more of that too!
xxx