Monday, September 22, 2008

Keeping them Busy


Step 1: Make popcorn in secret so as to avoid the arguments over who's going to heat the oil, who's going to put the kernels in, and who's going to salt the popcorn when it's done. Shew!


Step 2: Thread popcorn onto cotton. Have plenty plasters ready to wrap around little pricked fingers. And plenty moral integrity to deal with the whining when it starts. As it does. Air: "Mommy, you must help me!" Me: "Come on, I know you can do it!" Air: " I can't. you must help me." Me: "I am helping you by making you do it by yourself. I'm teaching you to manage on your own. One day I won't be around, and you'll have to do this by yourself!" (Don't mock. The need for threaded popcorn might be really big by the time I peg, who knows?) T: "Yes, you must learn how to do this so that you can show your children one day." Air: "But, I'm not going to have any children!" Me: Just breathe.


Step 3: Loads of praise! See, you can do it. 


Step 4: The finished product. Wearable. And edible! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

Double J N T said...

Well done, I would've stopped at bracelets.
Threading popcorn may be a dying art, you thread on.