Monday, September 8, 2008

Crowning Glory

All my life I have had to deal with thick, coarse, unmanageable hair. My mother, bless her heart, after dealing with three boys before me, hadn't a clue as to how to address the bush of wild, dry tumble weed atop my head. And through her resignation to manage my tresses, I adopted a similar no stress- no mess- no caress attitude in handling my mane.

The results, of course, have been mostly boring, stupid hair. Thick and miserable (except under periods of extreme stress and depression, in which case it just falls the hell out).

Well, I am in the enviable position of being able to re-invent myself, and not quite knowing where to start, I figured that I might as well choose one area and move on from there. So the hair got my vote.

Not that you'd really care about this mumble, but do you have any idea what a difference it makes to just spend a little more on your hair products? I'm talking about the difference from tossing the Colgate 2-in-1 and forking out a small country's annual debt on a separate shampoo and conditioner made by the salon of Pierre and FancyRoy (or someone else, like Loreal, for instance). But, wow! I'm like awesome, all of a sudden (3 treatments down the road). I have sheen. I have shimmer. I have straight, uh, ruly locks (?) I feel like a pedigree in the making, a poster-child for super serum ultra conditioning creme with Nutileum.

Yay for me with terrific tresses!

Almost.

2 comments:

Tertia said...

Share!! I have hair like a thatched roof. It needs professional help and Colgate 2-in-1 is not working for me.

Anonymous said...

Seriously - L'oreal expensive stuff something (that's elvive in French): shampoo, conditioner and magic serum. All the same colours seems to work best.