Sunday, June 7, 2009

I love the whole world

Don't know how I quite missed it, but I did. The Discovery Channel's Boom-de-ya-dah Song. Yip. It's new for me. And when I heard it for the first time, it was a complete feel good moment all wrapped up with great video footage and catchy chorus. From the first time I heard it to this present moment THAT song has been well and truly lodged in my cerebrum.

In the last few days I have listened to it SOOOOOOO many times that I know it off by heart, have played it absentmindedly on the piano, have downloaded it off an mp3 site, and kiss my children goodnight each evening with an expected, and now also obligatory "Boom-de-ya-dah!" And my little flock has been caught up in the addictive tune of this song too. You could say that that this little ditty has permeated its way into the fabric of each member of my family. We casually toss around the lyrics in the car. We all join in if one person starts humming it, and correct each other when we fumble over the words. It has sunk its claws into each one of us. So much so that I am starting to really hate the song.

So, a song about loving the world and everything in it, is rapidly turning into a song that makes me hate the song, hate the spiders, hate the rats in the sewers, hate the fireworks and the guy with the bazooka, hate the great white sharks, hate the mummy and the Tibetan monks, hate the fishermen and the people on the beach (who sits on the beach singing in a crowd anyway?).

Aaaaargh, I hate that song!!!!!

If you know the song - I'd love to know what you thought of it when you heard it the first time and got it stuck in your head... If you don't know the song, click on the link, have a listen, and get back to me.

2 comments:

Sprinkle said...

Yeah thanks for that, just what I need in my head all day - I know - I clicked on the link... it should come with a warning!

Anonymous said...

Ok so now you have me hooked on this song also,thanks for that.X Debbie